Saturday, February 15, 2014

Short and Sweet

I get the strangest email at times often from loved ones.  Today's missive invited me to read the mutterings of  someone Tweeting under the handle @Veryshortstory.  I have no idea how to use Twitter.  I've never tried it,and until today I've never read a tweet although that didn't keep me from making fun of Twitter once upon a time.

I'll share:

Vern put on his tap shoes. He danced, having just finished his memoir. Suddenly, he stopped, wondering if he should include the dancing.

Or

I watched my brothers grow up from the woods behind our house, hoping they would not make the same mistake of beating our father at chess.

I expanded our foreign policy to include the animal kingdom, but they were unwilling to accept capitalism as a way of life, so the war began. -@Veryshortstory

It's amazing how much can be said in so few words.  Enjoy.

Toad


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Toad.
FreeKansas.