Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tartan Albert's


I had ordered a pair of Albert Slippers from Del Toro last fall, liked them and wrote about my experiences, which was/is favorable. Ever since I have been on the butt end of blistering communiques from those who acted upon my recommendation and have found Del Toro near impossible to work with. For that I'm sad, I apologize. I want to think it's growing pains, but that should never become the customers problem. Consequently,until we hear otherwise, I urge caution when dealing with Del Toro. We are becoming too set in our ways to seek out more hassles in our lives. Which is unfortunate, since I badly want a pair of their new linen style.




Towards the end of January I wrote about how well I liked my Broadland Albert slippers. I liked their bespoke sizing, their pricing, turn around time and generally how well they kept me informed of the who, what, where, whens. I liked my slippers so much, I immediately ordered another pair.

This time in leather lined, Blackwatch tartan.



They arrived Wednesday, just in time for National Tartan Day. Everything I said I liked about Broadland the first time, I say again, only more so.


Toad

7 comments:

JMW said...

Those are some very cool slippers, Mr. Toad. I especially like them paired with the violet socks. :)

Sarah said...

Oh, do they make these in women's sizes? I'm off to check. ;-)
Really fantastic!
Happy Tartan Day - a tad belated. ~ Sarah

Toad said...

Sarah, they do make women's, but you may have to ask for the tartan. I found them very accommodating.

T said...

Very sharp, indeed. Tintin would approve of your choice of tartan.

I wonder if they could make them in Dundas.

Toad said...

You may need to supply the fabric, but I'd venture something could be worked out.

ADG said...

Strong. As for Del Toro...my wrath will unleash soon.

Anonymous said...

QUICK QUESTION, SO WHAT DID YOU FINALLY DECIDE ON FOR SHOE SIZING IN DEL TORO AND FOR BERTIE'S IN GENERAL? THANKS.