Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For Jane

Saturday night in Mayberry was cold, windy and snowy. Just enough snow to be good for the economy but not so much good for anything else. The best kind of snow really.

Mrs. T was in one room wrapping, I was in another, when I heard her yell. I didn't understand what she was saying, I knew only to come hither quickly. She yelled again, this time I heard "get out of the car." Was someone sliding down the drive heading for the lake?



No such luck. Instead, Meryl Streep was being counseled.



She does this every time Bridges of Madison County is on. I'm afraid to ask what this says about our marriage.



To those fighting the good fight this festive season, listen to your heart. You are in our thoughts.

Toad

3 comments:

JMW said...

Yes, I say the same thing when I see that film. :) And, great closing comment. There are many folks struggling this year. They should always be in our thoughts and prayers.

Suburban Princess said...

I have never seen more than the first 30 minutes of that movie, I just cant hang in longer than that.

A friend of mine is a funeral director and he says this is his busiest time of year with people who perhaps arent feeling great about the holidays.

This is a great time to take a moment and send someone a card, a present, make a call anything to reach out to someone who might not have family or friends - we might just save a life.

Pigtown*Design said...

I am truly gratified by the response our video about the kids where I work has gotten. When I am feeling grumpy about the holidays, i look at these keeds and see what small things they want, and know that i am indeed lucky.