Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Be mindful of the words you choose


This story was told to me by a woman I adore. As you will see, she shall remain nameless, and blameless. I do not doubt its veracity at all, and neither should you.

This woman is conscientious of her weight, and let slip that she attends her local Weigh Watchers group on a regular basis. Those more familiar than I know the drill, but I suspect it begins with a weekly weigh in.

The story teller began by telling that she went to her regular and was greeted not only by an unaccustomed line, but also by a flustered new girl at the controls. As the narrator tells, she was greeted at her entrance at the same time another regular was leaving. The WW girl congratulated the woman leaving for her successful weeks weigh in.

Soon another woman left. She was sent packing with (note: read this out loud, its the only way it makes sense.) "sorry about your wait."

Every person in line was dumbfounded wondering how much she had packed on.

The room was suddenly silent. WW girl quickly recovered and said, " no I am so sorry I wasn't ready for you when you arrived." The mood quickly improved, and new girls job was once again secure.

It's a mistake she will never make again.

Toad


4 comments:

Karena said...

Toad, Oh yes, a slip of the tongue, and you only hope to recover soon!

Karen
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Almost made me spit out my coffee.

Patsy said...

Ha! I would hate to hear 'sorry about your wait' as they sent me on my weigh.

sue in mexico mo said...

LOL :-)