Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I picked up a new summer wardrobe

I am ever so grateful that traditional men's clothing rarely goes out of style. I'd be sunk.

While putting away the summer clothes last fall, I got a glimpse of what was in the back, all that I could have worn if......

And it really pissed me off.

So I decided to do something about it.

Around the time our SIL invited Mrs. T to join her at WW, I returned to the gym. 5 days a week. I began by taking baby steps. 3 years ago I couldn't walk due to a knee injury, and I never want to repeat that.

Eventually, I began to crawl. I told myself I was a more virtuous person, just by showing up. Male ego is fragile and needs constant stroking.

Now I'm at least standing up, and still showing up. 5 days per week.

Funny thing though. I haven't lost an ounce, but have lost beaucoup inches. I lost a suit size, and while I should be proud of that, I factor in the necessary shame that goes along with putting on the girth. It all evens out.


So since the weather was lousy all weekend, and I had Sunday to myself I went back to the summer clothes storage closet to see what turned up.

Thus far I have recovered all that you see here. An extra 6 pair of pants, a BB seersucker and a Cable Car poplin suit.

And a couple of spring sport coats.

Another suit size and the world is my oyster. Summer without the shopping. How novel.

Toad

12 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Yay you!
I am finally back to my pre-pregnancy size and it feels great to be able to shop in my own closet!

LPC said...

You go guy. That's what the young 'uns say....

M.Lane said...

Way to go! Great job.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Working out is definitely a big commitment until it becomes habit. I'm still getting there myself. Good thing you kept all that clothing!

Town and Country House said...

Congratulations! Think of the new bowties and socks you can buy!

Charles said...

Good work! I did a little back sliding this winter but it's time to get going again.

Shelley said...

Well done you! (As they say here in England). I have a few items in my closet that I'm finally able to use again -- as I've not been an up-to-the-minute fashion person for quite a while. It's a huge relief when the weight stops piling on and starts dropping back to something more tolerable. Keep up the great work!

DAG said...

Good for you! I've lost a few inches myself this late winter and hope to lose a little more once the sun shines more here in the north east.

James said...

Congratulations on your victory in the battle of inches.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the loss! I, on the other hand, went in the other direction. Damn Manhattans!

Toad said...

My congrats to all who fight the battle of the bulge. I wish I could return to my slothful ways, but alas I may not yet.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Good for you Toad! Keep it going. I work out simply because I can't afford to replace my wardrobe. Investing in a traditional wardrobe pays off in the long run.