Thursday, December 10, 2009

You're having a good day when...



We are all creatures of habit. Mrs. T for instance is unable to drive without a cell phone in her ear. Her routine is specific. Sit in car, remove phone from purse,search for keys, dial phone, start car and go. The phone is key.

Yesterday, I screwed up big time. I left my wife's cell phone in my pants pocket, and threw them in the washer. After 2 spin cycles, I remembered my gaffe, pull it out, recharged the battery AND IT WORKED.

Mrs. T is free to continue her holiday shopping now. Let us give thanks.

Toad

9 comments:

Martha said...

I am surprised! Husband Jim left his in his pocket when he went to the hot tub -- alas, that was the end of it!

James said...

Sounds like you dodged the bullet this time!

M.Lane said...

You my friend have been the recipient of a miracle. Amazing!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

ADG said...

I dropped a cell phone in the toilet a few years ago. Didn't even test it for functionality before fetching a new one.

David said...

They also say leaving it overnight in a closed ziploc bag of rice will dry them out. Just in case it ever happens again.

Gail, in northen California said...

I'm sorry but I would find it very difficult to stay angry with a fellow who helped with the laundry...

Mrs. Blandings said...

You are an incredibly lucky man.

Toad said...

In a thousand different ways, Mrs. B.

Karena said...

What a guy! So happy to have found your site Toad!