Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 5th of July and the Driveway.





First, allow me to admit I will not be attending Michael Jackson memorial services in LA this week. In a just world, Diana Ross might give them a miss too. What a bullet she dodged.

So I wanted to write about how well the driveway project went. The crew finally did show up , the EPA rep showed up, and everything was hunkey dorey. All this in fact happened, and everything would have turned out alright except.

Except that the contractor failed to listen to my one word of caution to him, and it rained like nobodies business while we were away.

Our culvert is in three sections, lake side, middle, and drain side. As the boys began the project I reminded them that the middle and drain side sections were not connected very well. Yea yea yea. "We'll take care of it...."

They didn't. The concrete pour was Thursday, it rained Friday and all day Saturday I got more water from under the culvert than through it.

Now, they start over at their expense.

Toad

2 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Sometimes when things go this way I get a sick sense of satisfaction that it has made the story that much better.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I can't wait for the second part of this. When does that start?