Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oregon forest fires


As I mentioned several weeks ago, number 2 son is a forest fire fighter in Oregon. I spoke with him last night for the first time in several weeks. This week, he is at a fire close to his home forest service base. I have something of a simpleton midwesterners understanding of Oregon, but I was stunned to see how high the temps are and how low the humidity.
This is a link to his current fire:

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1510/

He is rather bummed, but school starts Monday, so his last day on the fire line is Saturday. I will sleep much sounder when he gets out of the forest and back into his books.

About the creek rising. Monday was an exciting day around our house. 140 tons of rock were delivered and spread to shore up our seeping lake and support the roadway. All is currently well.

Toad

No comments: